FC3 Sound stops working after Kernel upgrade

John DeDourek dedourek at unb.ca
Sun Feb 20 23:48:21 UTC 2005

davidnicho wrote:

>Sound was working file with the 2.6.9-1.681 old kernel. Now when I use system settings soundcard detection it shows the correct hardware but I do not hear the test sound. Do I need to load the modules by hand?
>
>Can anyone help :-?

I have a different sound card, so the problem may be totally unrelated,
but for what it's worth...
on several occasions after a kernel upgrade, I needed to go to the
"Gnome mixer control"
thing and "touch" the volume controls (i.e. "jiggle them up and down a
little bit") and
sound immedately started working again.  Don't have any idea what that's
about, but it'll
only take a few seconds to try it and verify that you have a different
problem (or not).