installing fedora on a sunsparc machine

Alexander Spanke aspanke at hpce.nec.com
Mon Feb 21 09:53:07 UTC 2005

Hi,

try debian, there is an actual supported sparc port ... I already tested
it, it works fine so far.

Cheers
 Alex

On Mon, 2005-02-21 at 10:49 +0100, Angelo Machils wrote:

> >Sir/Madam,
> >
> >    I would like  to install fedora on a sunsparc
> >machine. Is it possible. If so from where can I
> >download the software?
> >
> >  Please send the answers at the earliest.
> >

> >With regards
> >santosh
> >

> As far as I know, there is no Fedora for Sparc boxes. You should look at
> another distro which have a Sparc version.
>
> Kind regards, Angelo

Alexander Spanke                         System Analyst
      NEC High Performance Computing Europe GmbH
Prinzenallee 11            D-40549 Duesseldorf, Germany
Tel:    +49 211 5369 146           aspanke at hpce.nec.com
Fax:    +49 211 5369 199        http://www.hpce.nec.com