Shared RAM

Pedro Fernandes Macedo webmaster at margo.bijoux.nom.br
Mon Feb 21 13:25:17 UTC 2005

David Niemi wrote:

>Just to intrude another question along similar lines: what about for
>those systems with an AGP or PCI(-X) card that have their own RAM and
>there is also a similar amount of system RAM alocated to AGP/PCI
>graphics called "AGP Aperature Size" or similar in the motherboard's
>BIOS.
>
>Why is there a similar amount of system RAM allocated?
>
>Dave

AFAIK , the AGP aperture size would be some kind of cache on the main
memory of the video card's memory,
but I never saw anything stating exactly the meaning of such setting..
And all pages that I saw regarding the subject
often give different opinions on the value that should be set...

--
Pedro Macedo