Installation fails

Paul Howarth paul at city-fan.org
Mon Feb 21 14:10:21 UTC 2005

pierre.baruch wrote:
> I am new to Linux, coming from Windows 2000.
> I got the set of  4 CD's for installing Fedora Core 2. The CD's have
> been used for installation on other PC's with success.
> I have a Pentium II, mothercard ASUS PL97, 2 HDD (20 and 3 Gb), a
> Creative CD2422ECD-ROM drive and a SCSI CD drive.
> When I boot from the CD, the initialization runs correctly, but, after
> the screens asking to choose language, Keyboard, etc I got an
> announcement: "CD ROM absent, insert CD 1", although the CD is in the
> drive and was properly recognized at boot.
> I tried to boot from the SCSI CD Drive, but the BIOS does not accept it.
> Who can help ?

Try the following:

1. When it says the CD-ROM is absent, try putting the CD in the other
drive at that point.
2. Try disabling the SCSI CD drive in the BIOS or SCSI BIOS for the
duration of the installation.
3. Try physically disconnecting the SCSI CD drive for the duration of
the installation.

Paul.