[SOLVED] Re: non-visible firefox!

Sharon Kimble skimble04 at gmail.com
Mon Feb 21 15:18:20 UTC 2005

Sharon Kimble wrote:

> After doing a reinstall to correct some problems, I find that I've got
> another ...... I can't see firefox when I run it! KDE system guard shows
> its running but nothing shows on the screen. And if I run it from the
> command line, it runs but I get no traceback.
>
> As its my primary browser I'd really like to be able to use it, so can
> anyone help me get it back please?

Problem solved.

The last site visited was my gmail account and it appears from reading the
help pages for gmail that there is some problem with using gmail and
firefox! They recommended installing the firefox from mozilla.org, so using
yum I uninstalled firefox.rpm and then installed the mozilla-type firefox.

And it works, I've got firefox visible and I can use it with my gmail
account too!

Sharon.
--
 15:10:48 up 1 day, 22:37,  1 user,  load average: 1.41, 1.54, 1.68
A taste of linux http://myweb.tiscali.co.uk/efever/index.html