kernel-2.6.10-1.766_FC3 and ScanMaker III

martin diamond marty at martywd.com
Mon Feb 21 18:51:54 UTC 2005

With the the release of kernel-2.6.10-1.766_FC3 kudzu is giving me a
scsi device headache (asprin hasn't helped) :0

I was aware that this condition might arise from reading the update
notification notes posted by Dave Jones recently:

https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-announce-list/2005-February/msg00043.html

The scsi hardware:  Adaptec AHA-2920C and an 'antique' scsi Mircrtek
ScanMaker III

The issue:  Each time the machine reboots with the ScanMaker III
initialized, kudzu insists on configuring/re-configuring some 65
devices, i.e., /dev/sg0 - /dev/sg63 . (I just let kudzu time out if a
reboot is necessary).

As long as I end up with _only_ one alias '/dev/scanner -> /dev/sg0' I
have a functional scanner.

Just wondering if there is a switch I can add to grub.conf or whatever
which get's kudzu to stop trying to config/reconfigure the 64 scsi
devices it installs each time on reboot?

Thanks,
   -marty
--
http://martywd.com/kernel-mppe/martywd-pubkey.asc