./configure error

Andre Venturoti Perrotta perrotta_tita at bluebottle.com
Mon Feb 21 20:50:06 UTC 2005

Hi, I was trying to compile gxine and I got this message in
the ./configure step:

checking for gtk+-2.0 >= 2.4.0... Package gtk+-2.0 was not found in the
pkg-config search path.
Perhaps you should add the directory containing `gtk+-2.0.pc'
No package 'gtk+-2.0' found

configure: error: Library requirements (gtk+-2.0 >= 2.4.0) not met;
consider adjusting the PKG_CONFIG_PATH environment variable if your
libraries are in a nonstandard prefix so pkg-config can find them.

Can anyone help me get around this problem ?

thanks for the help !

Andre Perrotta
Sao Paulo
Brasil