./configure error

Johnathan Bailes johnathan.bailes at gmail.com
Mon Feb 21 21:25:40 UTC 2005

On Mon, 2005-02-21 at 17:50 -0300, Andre Venturoti Perrotta wrote:
> Hi, I was trying to compile gxine and I got this message in
> the ./configure step:
>
> checking for gtk+-2.0 >= 2.4.0... Package gtk+-2.0 was not found in the
> pkg-config search path.
> Perhaps you should add the directory containing `gtk+-2.0.pc'
> No package 'gtk+-2.0' found
>
> configure: error: Library requirements (gtk+-2.0 >= 2.4.0) not met;
> consider adjusting the PKG_CONFIG_PATH environment variable if your
> libraries are in a nonstandard prefix so pkg-config can find them.
>

> Can anyone help me get around this problem ?

Compiling from source?  Why?

You are running an rpm system with about at least a dozen outside repos
to get you this kind of stuff.

Download smart, smart-ui and smart-update from here:

http://dag.wieers.com/packages/smart/

Ok fire it up and make sure dag, dries and freshrpms are enabled.

gxine is in there and the only gotcha is that you need to click the
update button before all the outside repository rpms show up.

Btw, your compile problem is the fact you did NOT install gtk+-2.0-devel
packages and probably other development packages needed to compile
something from source.