weird 'wireless-tools' deps still?

William Hooper whooperhsd3 at earthlink.net
Mon Feb 21 21:55:26 UTC 2005

Shane DeRidder said:
> Sorry, I should have been clearer.  FC3 using the Core and Extras
> repositories.  I'm still getting dependency isssues while updating with
> yum:
> --> Running transaction check
> --> Processing Dependency: libiw.so.27 for package: kdenetwork
> --> Processing Dependency: libiw.so.27 for package: NetworkManager
> --> Finished Dependency Resolution
> Error: missing dep: libiw.so.27 for pkg kdenetwork
> Error: missing dep: libiw.so.27 for pkg NetworkManager

What version of wireless-tools do you have installed now?  The version
currently in the repos should work:

$ rpm -qp --provides wireless-tools-27-0.pre25.3.i386.rpm
libiw.so.27
wireless-tools = 1:27-0.pre25.3

Perhaps you somehow installed the newer copy of wireless tools when it was
offered, or one of your repos is out of sync (IIRC when this came up in
the past a non-Fedora repo was being used).

--
William Hooper