cbrPager on FC3

Kristian André Gallis kagallis at online.no
Mon Feb 21 22:16:36 UTC 2005

Hello!

I have downloaded cbrPager (a viewer for cbr image archives), but I am
unable to install it.

http://freshmeat.net/projects/cbrpager/
http://www.jcoppens.com/soft/cbrpager/index.en.php

I download the file, run gunzip and tar -xvf. OK. Then I am supposed to
run .configure, but it stops, complaining about a missing package. The
problem is that I already have the package on my system.

Any help would be appreciated. A screen dump from my attempted
installation follows:

[root at localhost nedlasting]# gunzip cbrpager-0.9.9.tar.gz
[root at localhost nedlasting]# tar -xvf cbrpager-0.9.9.tar
cbrpager-0.9.9/
cbrpager-0.9.9/po/
cbrpager-0.9.9/po/ChangeLog
cbrpager-0.9.9/po/Makefile.in.in
cbrpager-0.9.9/po/POTFILES.in
cbrpager-0.9.9/po/cbrpager.pot
cbrpager-0.9.9/po/es.po
cbrpager-0.9.9/po/es.gmo
cbrpager-0.9.9/README
cbrpager-0.9.9/configure.in
cbrpager-0.9.9/aclocal.m4
cbrpager-0.9.9/Makefile.am
cbrpager-0.9.9/Makefile.in
cbrpager-0.9.9/config.h.in
cbrpager-0.9.9/configure
cbrpager-0.9.9/AUTHORS
cbrpager-0.9.9/COPYING
cbrpager-0.9.9/ChangeLog
cbrpager-0.9.9/INSTALL
cbrpager-0.9.9/NEWS
cbrpager-0.9.9/TODO
cbrpager-0.9.9/acconfig.h
cbrpager-0.9.9/depcomp
cbrpager-0.9.9/install-sh
cbrpager-0.9.9/missing
cbrpager-0.9.9/mkinstalldirs
cbrpager-0.9.9/autogen.sh
cbrpager-0.9.9/cbrpager.glade
cbrpager-0.9.9/cbrpager.gladep
cbrpager-0.9.9/cbrpager.spec
cbrpager-0.9.9/src/
cbrpager-0.9.9/src/Makefile.am
cbrpager-0.9.9/src/Makefile.in
cbrpager-0.9.9/src/main.c
cbrpager-0.9.9/src/main.h
cbrpager-0.9.9/src/global.c
cbrpager-0.9.9/src/global.h
cbrpager-0.9.9/src/conf.c
cbrpager-0.9.9/src/conf.h
cbrpager-0.9.9/src/support.c
cbrpager-0.9.9/src/support.h
cbrpager-0.9.9/src/interface.c
cbrpager-0.9.9/src/interface.h
cbrpager-0.9.9/src/callbacks.c
cbrpager-0.9.9/src/callbacks.h
[root at localhost nedlasting]# cd cbrpager-0.9.9
[root at localhost cbrpager-0.9.9]# ./configure
checking for gawk... gawk
checking for gcc... gcc
checking for suffix of executables...
checking whether gcc accepts -g... yes
checking for library containing strerror... none required
checking for gcc... (cached) gcc
checking whether we are using the GNU C compiler... (cached) yes
checking for gcc option to accept ANSI C... (cached) none needed
checking dependency style of gcc... (cached) gcc3
checking for gcc... (cached) gcc
checking whether we are using the GNU C compiler... (cached) yes
checking for gcc option to accept ANSI C... (cached) none needed
checking dependency style of gcc... (cached) gcc3
checking for egrep... grep -E
checking for ANSI C header files... yes
checking for g++... no
checking for c++... no
checking for gpp... no
checking for aCC... no
checking for CC... no
checking for cxx... no
checking for cc++... no
checking for cl... no
checking for FCC... no
checking for KCC... no
checking for RCC... no
checking for xlC_r... no
checking for xlC... no
checking whether we are using the GNU C++ compiler... no
checking whether g++ accepts -g... no
checking dependency style of g++... none
checking for libgnomeui-2.0... Package libgnomeui-2.0 was not found in
the pkg-config search path.
Perhaps you should add the directory containing `libgnomeui-2.0.pc'
No package 'libgnomeui-2.0' found

configure: error: Library requirements (libgnomeui-2.0) not met;
consider adjusting the PKG_CONFIG_PATH environment variable if your
libraries are in a nonstandard prefix so pkg-config can find them.

[root at localhost cbrpager-0.9.9]# find / -name libgnomeui-2*
/usr/lib/libgnomeui-2.so.0.800.0
/usr/lib/libgnomeui-2.so.0

/usr/share/doc/libgnomeui-2.8.0
/var/spool/up2date/libgnomeui-2.8.0-1.i386.hdr