cbrPager on FC3

John Wendel jwendel10 at comcast.net
Tue Feb 22 00:15:10 UTC 2005

Kristian André Gallis wrote:
> Hello!
>
> I have downloaded cbrPager (a viewer for cbr image archives), but I am
> unable to install it.
>
> http://freshmeat.net/projects/cbrpager/
> http://www.jcoppens.com/soft/cbrpager/index.en.php
>
> I download the file, run gunzip and tar -xvf. OK. Then I am supposed to
> run .configure, but it stops, complaining about a missing package. The
> problem is that I already have the package on my system.
>
> Any help would be appreciated. A screen dump from my attempted
> installation follows:

[stuff deleted]

> checking for pkg-config... /usr/bin/pkg-config
> checking for libgnomeui-2.0... Package libgnomeui-2.0 was not found in
> the pkg-config search path.
> Perhaps you should add the directory containing `libgnomeui-2.0.pc'
> No package 'libgnomeui-2.0' found
>
> configure: error: Library requirements (libgnomeui-2.0) not met;
> consider adjusting the PKG_CONFIG_PATH environment variable if your
> libraries are in a nonstandard prefix so pkg-config can find them.
>
> [root at localhost cbrpager-0.9.9]# find / -name libgnomeui-2*
> /usr/lib/libgnomeui-2.so.0.800.0
> /usr/lib/libgnomeui-2.so.0
>
> /usr/share/doc/libgnomeui-2.8.0
> /var/spool/up2date/libgnomeui-2.8.0-1.i386.hdr

Looks like your installation is somewhat broken. Did you install all the
  "devel" packages? Here's what I have, looks like your missing the
/usr/lib/pkgconfig/libgnomeui-2.0.pc file.

You need to install libgnomeui-devel.i386.

[root at Godzilla lib]# find . -name 'libgnomeui-2*'
./libgnomeui-2.so
./libgnomeui-2.so.0.800.0
./libgnomeui-2.so.0
./libgnomeui-2.a
./pkgconfig/libgnomeui-2.0.pc

[root at Godzilla ~]# yum whatprovides libgnomeui-2.0.pc

libgnomeui-devel.i386                    2.8.0-1                base
Matched from:
/usr/lib/pkgconfig/libgnomeui-2.0.pc

libgnomeui-devel.i386                    2.8.0-1                installed
Matched from:
/usr/lib/pkgconfig/libgnomeui-2.0.pc

Regards,

John