Hot to make a Dial-in server?

Chadley Wilson chadley at pinteq.co.za
Tue Feb 22 06:42:22 UTC 2005

On Monday 21 February 2005 19:44, Michael A. Peters wrote:
> On 02/21/2005 07:43:24 AM, Craig White wrote:
> > ----
> > 1 modem - 1 user simultaneously - it's a very analog device
> >
> > Good modems are generally like US Robotics V-Everything, Sportster.
>
> Yes - U.S. Robotics is good, but make sure it is a hardware modem -
> which are generally more expensive. When I bought mine (which I am no
> longer using, but also not giving up - in case of dsl outage and I
> _need_ to connect) there was a penguin on the box - indicating it
> worked with Linux. They may or may not still do that, I don't know.
>
> Be very wary of a modem that says it requires Microsoft Windows. They
> may or may not work in Linux.
>
> --
> Michael A. Peters
> http://mpeters.us/
Good Luck,
None of these guys will help you with a dial in box.
to the list bounce.
But fear not!

I have a buddy nearby who believes that to dial-in to a box could be possible,
he is not sure that one can actually do it, which explains why the people on
this list can't.

Furthur more the documentation you will find wlll take days if not weeks to
read. And once you have done all that readng that has been insisted on, You
still won't get it to work as you have no experience with it what so ever, so
if the example configs don't work then you are screwed and might as well have
done it with Windows like me, as it was a two step process.

Sorry to burst your bubble buddy,
cheers

Chadley Wilson
Redhat Certified Technician