KVM and MOUSE problems - REVISED -- FILE PASTED IN

Wolfgang Gill wolfgang at rpi.net.au
Tue Feb 22 05:39:42 UTC 2005

On Tue, 22 Feb 2005 12:05:04 +0930, Kevin Gilbert wrote
> On Tue, 22 Feb 2005 11:32, Wolfgang Gill wrote:
>
> > No Problems. I tend to get used to using the scroll wheel alot. So that
> > wasn't really an option for me. Especially when one uses it alot on one
> > system, and can't on the other due to KVM problems.
> >

> I have also had trouble with my Belkin KVM but I found the following
> patches to the kernel. I have applied them and they work - scroll
> wheel and all.
>
> http://www.uwsg.iu.edu/hypermail/linux/kernel/0406.2/1959.html
> http://lkml.org/lkml/2004/10/30/7
>
> I'm not sure whether you need both patches - I haven't the time to
> fiddle withit. Like I said - they work.
>
> BTW - I am running FC3 with 2.6.10 and 2.6.11-rc3.
>
> Kevin

Yeah, but I did forget to say, that I also have a **cough** Windows system on
the KVM as well. And it looses the scroll wheel function as well. So it's not
really and OS problem, but the KVM itself. The D-Link fixed all that. I've
been using it now for 3 months, without a problem. Also while using RHEL3, RH9
and now with RHEL4. No problems with either of these versions of Linux on the
D-Link KVM.

Wolf