Installing Fedora

Matt Morgan minxmertzmomo at gmail.com
Tue Feb 22 14:57:25 UTC 2005

On Tue, 22 Feb 2005 09:01:32 -0500, Greg Viola <gviola at earthlink.net> wrote:

> I want to install fedora on a brand new P4 machine I just built myself that
> has no OS .  I have a second machine running WIndows XP.  I downloaded
> FC3-i386-disc1.iso to my XP system and then burned it to a CD-ROM as a data
> file (using Nero).

There's your mistake! There's a difference between an ISO file, which
is an image of the whole disc, and a set of data files.

Put the CD into your XP machine; if you see only one file on the disc,
FC3-i386-disc1.iso, then you know you've burned it incorrectly. You
need to find Nero's option for burning an ISO image. Probably, since
Nero is pretty popular and this question comes up a lot, you can find
the answer in this list's archives, but I'm sure it's easy enough to
google as well.

Good luck,
Matt