Couple Clustering Questions

James Pifer jep at obrien-pifer.com
Tue Feb 22 15:04:41 UTC 2005

I'm trying to figure out if and how something could be done. I'm not
trying to be completely lazy, I have looked at the following sites among
others:
http://lcic.org/ha.html
www.beowulf.org
http://www.linux-ha.org/

We use a Xiotech Magnitude storage system. Here's what I'm trying to
figure out. I'd like to setup two systems in a cluster, like a load
balance, but sharing the same disk on the Magnitude. So it would look
like one system, same IP address, etc. If one goes down, the "system" is
still functioning.

Can anyone tell me if this setup is possible?
What pieces I should be looking at?

Thanks,
James