Executable got Killed

Reuben D. Budiardja techlist at voyager.phys.utk.edu
Tue Feb 22 15:58:19 UTC 2005

On Monday 21 February 2005 23:19, James McKenzie wrote:
> Reuben D. Budiardja wrote:
> > Hello,
> > This maybe slightly OT, but I hope someone could give me some insight.
> >
> > I have an executable that when I tried to run it, it got killed:
> >
> > $> ./boltztrans
> > Killed
>
> strace is your friend.  man strace for use.

Ah.. should have though of that. Thanks.

But, when I 'strace programname', I only see two lines of output. The first
being the program execution itself, and the second line is
"+++ Killed by SIGKILL +++"

How do I figure out who send the SIGKILL ? FWIW, this program requires rather
big amount of memory, is there a limit somewhere that send the SIGKILL? This
is on a fresh installed FC3.

Thanks for any help.

RDB

--