OT: Incredible Rudeness in Evolution Bugzilla

Nix, Robert P. Nix.Robert at mayo.edu
Tue Feb 22 16:50:13 UTC 2005

Then I would submit that this would be a worse offense. It was done on a completely public venue, so that everyone had an equal opportunity to be offended. Had it been a personal message (and by message, I had meant exactly what had been done. "Messages", in Bugzilla or in an IBM ETR, are just pieces of communication. I didn't mean to imply a private communication.) Had it been a personal message, it might be more forgivable.

Done in a public forum, it reflects on the person, and on the company they work for. Novell is as responsible for the person's message as they are.

Novell would be wise to implement an "audit" on this person's outgoing messages, and kick back the ones that need to be "toned down" before they hit the public eye. At the very least, the person should be sent back to the third grade for some lessons on how to act in public.

--
Robert P. Nix		Mayo Foundation
RO-CE-8-857		200 First Street SW