Difficulty getting a large disk mounted

C. Linus Hicks lhicks at nc.rr.com
Tue Feb 22 17:29:41 UTC 2005

On Tue, 2005-02-22 at 15:54 +0000, Nigel Wade wrote:
> mconsidine at netreach.net wrote:
> The hardware brower recognizes this as

---<snip>
> According to installations instructions I found for EZ-Drive, you cannot use
> a EZ-Drive formatted disk with anything but Windows. From the partition
> table you showed earlier that would seem to be the case. /dev/hdd1 shows as
> FAT32 and may be ok, but the rest of the partition table doesn't make a lot
> of sense.
>
> What do you get if you run 'fdisk -l /dev/hdd' from a command line?

Have you considered using dd to make an image copy of the hdd2 partition
to a file? If it works, that should remove the issue of the EZ-Drive
partition table, but you would still have the issue of a vfat partition
larger than 32gb, so this may not be of any value. However, if you then
had a way of transferring the image to a windows system, although I
don't know of any way to loopback mount a filesystem under windows so
you would probably have to get it onto a physical drive.

--
C. Linus Hicks <lhicks at nc dot rr dot com>