Installing Fedora

Paul Howarth paul at city-fan.org
Tue Feb 22 18:12:04 UTC 2005

Samuel Lugo wrote:
> I looked for the FC3-i386-DVD.iso but could not locate
> it on the website (I probably just missed it).  Where
> is that file located at exactly?

I suggest using BitTorrent:
http://torrent.linux.duke.edu/

The one you want is heidelberg-i386-DVD.torrent

If you want to do a regular download, try the mirrors listed at
http://fedora.redhat.com/download/mirrors.html - at least some of them
have the DVD ISO in the "iso" directory for the release.

Note though that many of these servers do not support large files (>2GB
properly) and will not be able to handle the 2.3GB DVD ISO properly,
whereas BitTorrent will do it reliably.

> I apologize for not being too clear about the hard
> drive.  The hard drive that I plan on installing
> Fedora on does not have XP installed on it.  It was
> simply formatted by XP.

So you're just going to overwrite it completely, in which case there
should be no problem at all (no need to resize existing partitions etc.).

Paul.