An update is needed Fedora!

Rene Bon Ciric (Renich) no-reply-gw at fcp.homelinux.org
Tue Feb 22 18:32:59 UTC 2005

Hello,

I need help udating this distro. I just did the update and found that we need an updated update.

For the time I would like to ask you guys to help me with a simple guide about updating the following packages in FC3

The updates I need are:

- Apache 2.0.53 (this is not so much of a problem)
- MySQL 4.1.10 (Current: 3.23.58!)
- PHP 5.0.3 with zend optimizer 2.5.7 (Current: 4.3.10) AND a mysqli extension

All this installed in the FC3-Default-location (who konws where that is?).

If possible, It would be ok if the guide would have the following format:

Package #1 Installation:

1.- Do this ($>command -option -stuffidon'tknowabout)
2.- Do that ($>command -option -stuffidon'tknowabout)
3.- Don't forget this...

Package #2 Installation:

1.- Do this ($>command -option -stuffidon'tknowabout)
2.- Do that  ($>command -option -stuffidon'tknowabout)
3.- Don't forget this...

I installed all this in Windows XP and had 0 problems with it. We just changed to FC3 and I would like to get the best of it.

If you guys have a simple guide for installing a POP3-SMTP-Web mail accesible-DNS Server thing, tell me, if not is it so hard to make a guide EVERY FC3 USER would find very useful?

Im so sorry for being a newbie! I promise I will help a lot of people when I get the idea of how to do it!

Pleeeeaaaaaaaaassssseeeee!

 :-D

--
This is an email sent via the webforum on http://fcp.homelinux.org