An update is needed Fedora!

Alexander Dalloz ad+lists at uni-x.org
Tue Feb 22 18:50:46 UTC 2005

Am Di, den 22.02.2005 schrieb Don Russell um 19:41:

> > I need help udating this distro. I just did the update and found that we need an updated update.

No, you don't speak in the following about an update.

> > For the time I would like to ask you guys to help me with a simple guide about updating the following packages in FC3
> >
> > The updates I need are:
> >
> > - Apache 2.0.53 (this is not so much of a problem)
> > - MySQL 4.1.10 (Current: 3.23.58!)
> > - PHP 5.0.3 with zend optimizer 2.5.7 (Current: 4.3.10) AND a mysqli extension

These are software versions not part of Fedora Core. Wait for FC4 coming
out in May.

> Here's the guide I use:
>
> Step 1 - log on
> Step 2 - get root privilege using "su -" command (no quotes)
> Step 3 - enter the correct password when prompted
> Step 4 - enter "yum -y update" (no quotes)
> Step 5 - watch it go
> Step 6 - enter "exit" (no quotes) when it is finished
> Step 7 - Log off and wait for the next set of updates to be available
>
> Optional step 6.5 - Do normal work on newly updated system

Sorry, this does not help him to install packages / software versions
not being part of the distribution release. MySQL 4.1 and PHP5 are not
part of FC3. He could try to install rawhide/development packages - but
with the risk to affect the stability and integrity of the whole system.

Alexander

Fedora GNU/Linux Core 2 (Tettnang) on Athlon kernel 2.6.10-1.14_FC2smp
Serendipity 19:47:25 up 1 day, 6:56, load average: 1.01, 0.75, 0.52