An update is needed Fedora!

Paul Howarth paul at city-fan.org
Tue Feb 22 19:58:25 UTC 2005

On Tue, 2005-02-22 at 19:48 +0100, Rene Bon Ciric (Renich) wrote:
> Um yes... done that. The thing here is i need even MORE updated versions.
>
> When you finish doing your yum update ($>yum -upgrade) you still have:
>
> - PHP 4
> - MySQL 3.23
> - Apache 2.0.52
>
> and i need
>
> - PHP 5
> - MySQL 4.1.10
> - Apache 2.0.53

In the "development" (rawhide) tree for FC4 you will find source
packages for:

php-5.0.3-2.src.rpm
mysql-4.1.9-1.src.rpm
httpd-2.0.53-4.src.rpm

One of the mirrors you can download these from is:
http://www.mirrorservice.org/sites/download.fedora.redhat.com/pub/fedora/linux/core/development/SRPMS/

I'd suggest trying to build and then install these packages on your FC3
system.

See http://dag.wieers.com/howto/bits/rpm-build-user.php for how to set
up an RPM build environment in your home directory.

Then use, for example, rpmbuild --rebuild httpd-2.0.53-4.src.rpm to
build the httpd package. If it builds OK, you'll get binary RPMs built
against your existing FC3 libraries that you should be able to install.
There still might be other dependency issues though.

Of course, I wouldsuggest you answer (to yourself) Alexander's question
about whether you *really* need these versions of the packages first.

Paul.
--
Paul Howarth <paul at city-fan.org>