An update is needed Fedora!

Giulio Sorrentino numerone.fedora at wooow.it
Tue Feb 22 20:45:00 UTC 2005

Rene Bon Ciric (Renich) wrote:

>Paul Howarth:
>
>Thanks for the solution. As i understand, that solution replaces the installed packages as they are (you know, the directory distribution in FC3 is.... very FC3-Style). I have had some problems with dependencies when trying to uninstall.
>
>Remember, im a total linux-newbie! I need things explained with apples... (mexican expresion)
>
>Could you send one more example for compiling, installing, configuring, etc?
>
>Thank you!

Are you trying to uninstall what?
You don't need to uninstall existing packages, you can simply do "rpm
-Uvh name" to update existing packages to new ones.
However yum can uninstall packages with all it's dependencies (i suggest
you to use it with care).
You can use even yum gui's such as yumex (http://linux.rasmil.dk/mambo)
or gyum (http://fedoranews.org/tchung/gyum/2.0).
If you like command line you simply have to write "yum uninstall
package" (without quote, package name or/and version, not code
optimization and not extension).
You don't need to uninstall src.rpm, you simply have to delete files in
/usr/src/redhat/SOURCES and /usr/src/redhat/SPECS.
Good luck.

--
numerone