A Fedora Core 3 manual?

David Cary Hart Fedora at TQMcube.com
Tue Feb 22 21:25:24 UTC 2005

On Tue, 2005-02-22 at 22:08 +0100, Rene Bon Ciric (Renich) wrote:
> Ok,
>
> first of all, I agree with you in the distro stuff, but you know, they offer you to install all this stuff and its your job to figure out how did they configure? I think they should at least post notes.

That's valid. FC3 is a quality distribution (IMO) and the packages are
configured to provide the broadest usability out of the box. This is
also a very responsive list group.

> You're probably right with the diferences not matterign. I just want to know what is FC3 good for.

Well I have it on two servers and several workstations. OTH (much to the
collective gasp and dismay of others) I'm still - regrettably - wed to
FrontPage. New users are often wise to dual-boot.

> Maybe not to you, but I get the feeling that linux distros are only for the experienced linux users. The kind that where there when the httpd daemon was compiled for the first time and know the history and outcome of ALL the packages manhood ever made.

Not at all. I was a complete, utter nitwit when I installed RH9. I
recall that my first question to the forum was about executing programs
with telnet because I did not know about SSH.

> Man, there are a lot of people like me who never knew what CUPS means, what is it good for and how to use it. And don't tell me to go out and look for info beacause there are more than 1600 packages installed... thanks to mathew for the data... hahaha

I will say this; IMO Linux favors those who like to experiment. I mean,
if you err, I'm reasonably sure that your computer will not explode.

> So, thats why im looking for the manual... would you like to help me and many others or would you like to keep on browsing forum posts to examine the gramatical errors and see if the post contradicts itself¿

There are numerous FAQ sites (google, google, google).

> If no help, no reply please!
>
> Thank you, and, sincerely, no hard feelings... ok?

Don't be absurd. BTW, when you DO figure something out, please share.
Your eureka may help others. FedoraNews.org welcomes your submission.

--

         Total Quality Management - A Commitment to Excellence
Fight Spam:     http://www.tqmcube.com/rbldnsd.htm