on FC3 -- trying to get kmail and gnupg2(gpg-agent) to play together

Jim Ramsey jwramsey at pobox.com
Tue Feb 22 22:32:12 UTC 2005

I'm just trying to get kmail and gpg-agent to play well together so I don't
have to give a pass-phrase every time I send a signed E-mail.

I downloaded the gnupg2 RPM from the FC3-Extras along with several RPMs
needed to make it all work.  Namely,
 rpm -ivh \
  gnupg2-1.9.15-1.i386.rpm \
  libksba-0.9.9-1.i386.rpm \
  opensc-0.9.4-2.i386.rpm \
  pcsc-lite-libs-1.2.0-10.i386.rpm \
  pth-2.0.3-1.i386.rpm \
  pinentry-0.7.1-3.i386.rpm \
  openct-0.6.2-1.i386.rpm \
  pcsc-lite-1.2.0-10.i386.rpm \
  pcsc-lite-openct-0.6.2-1.i386.rpm
  also...
 rpm -ivh \
  pinentry-gtk-0.7.1-3.i386.rpm \
  pinentry-qt-0.7.1-3.i386.rpm

I also noticed that gnupg2 contained new documentation in info format.
I looked at that and followed instructions.

So far this hasn't worked.  Either I get multiple instances of gpg-agent
started or what looks like no communication between gpg-agent and
kmail.

Help please.
--
Regards,