Network Installation - CD-ROM not auto ejecting

mmckenzie at unmc.edu mmckenzie at unmc.edu
Tue Feb 22 23:44:46 UTC 2005

I'm doing a network upgrade using http.  I'm upgrading from RHAS 3 to RHAS
4.

I'm using a cd-rom to boot from which contains a ks.cfg file.

The server automatically reboots after the upgrade has completed.

The problem is that it does not automatically eject the cd-rom before it
reboots.  We do not have the type of cd-roms that will auto close on
reboot so that is not an issue.

I've tried in the %post section of my ks.cfg script:
1. eject
2. eject cdrom
3 eject /dev/sdc
4 eject /dev/hdc

I'm very frustrated.  I've looked through every page in the red hat mail
list archives.  I've searched google. I've tried IRC.

I'm out of ideas.  Please, please  help.

Thank you.

Mitchell S. McKenzie
Programmer
Learning Environment & Internet Services
University of Nebraska Medical Center

University of Nebraska Medical Center E-mail Confidentiality Disclaimer :
The information in this e-mail is privileged and confidential, intended
only for the use of the addressee(s) above.
Any unauthorized use or disclosure of this information is prohibited.
If you have received this e-mail by mistake please delete it and
immediately contact the sender.