100% Linux - Is it possible?

Nifty Hat Mitch mitch48 at sbcglobal.net
Wed Feb 23 01:58:31 UTC 2005

On Wed, Feb 02, 2005 at 07:38:09PM +0000, Pete Choppin wrote:
>    I  created  a  dual-boot  Fedora  /  Windows  XP.   I am now seriously
>    considering  going  completely  100%  Linux  and  dumping  my  Windows
>    partition entirely.

>    The  question  is - can you live completely without Windows, or do you
>    sooner or later have to resort to Windows again?

The simple answer is that 99 44/100% of the time you can do without.

The only reason I have had to boot WindowZ in the last year or so was
to tidy up a resume.  Sadly there are some human resource departments
(gates) that expect word documents.

The good news is that the companies worth working for do just fine
with pure text.  With care and the corretly chosen TLS on the end of a
filename even a WindowZ user can read the attachment.

The other sad situation is the ISP tool universe.  Too often the best
way to setup an ISP account is from a WindowZ box.  Mostly a clever
person can lie^H^H^H translate from Linux to windows to get support.
But you have to know both rather well to do this.....

--
	T o m  M i t c h e l l
	Found me a new place to hang my hat :-)