Install problems with Dell PowerEdge 2300 with Adaptech aic78xxscsi raid drives

Thomas Cameron thomas.cameron at camerontech.com
Wed Feb 23 03:10:28 UTC 2005

----- Original Message -----
From: "chuck hodge" <chodge2 at comcast.net>
To: "For users of Fedora Core releases" <fedora-list at redhat.com>
Sent: Tuesday, February 22, 2005 6:43 PM
Subject: Install problems with Dell PowerEdge 2300 with Adaptech aic78xxscsi
raid drives

>I cannot get fc3 to recognize my scsi drives on install. I have tried
> using linux noprobe for the install and have selected just about every
> driver offered but to no avail. Anybody with any answers out there? P.S.
> RH8 installs just fine.

Are you sure it's an Adaptec RAID controller?  That server came with AMI
PERC controllers which are separate from the on-board AIC78XX controllers.

The AMI PERC controllers are not supported in FC3 - the manufacturer AMI,
now LSI discontinued support of them.

http://edseek.com/archives/2004/04/01/ami-now-lsi-megaraid-express-466-ultra-2/

Thomas