Mplayer

Craig White craigwhite at azapple.com
Wed Feb 23 03:27:59 UTC 2005

On Wed, 2005-02-23 at 02:02 +0100, Alexander Dalloz wrote:
> Am Mi, den 23.02.2005 schrieb Kumara um 1:40:
>
> > I installed it (Mplayer & its dependencies) but I don't know how to open it,
> > it is not in multimedia folder in programs like Xine why?, if I select a
> > folder that has audio or video files I can see mplayer icon on them but can
> > not run mplayer. any idea?
> > Mohan
>
> You didn't say any word about how and from which place you installed
> mplayer. Can we expect you did get it as RPM from a well known
> repository? It should then come with a application bar file under
> /usr/share/applications. You can find out with
>
> grep -ni "mplayer" /usr/share/applications/*
>
> If you installed from sources you will have to create it yourself.
----
# rpm -qa|grep mplayer
mplayer-1.0-36_pre5.rhfc3.at
mplayer-fonts-1.0-6.at
mplayer-skins-1.0-pre3_12.at
mplayer-skin-mini-0.1-11.1.at
mplayerplug-in-2.75-18.rhfc3.at

I downloaded them obviously from atrpms - most likely apt-get install ...

if you get mplayer-skins and mplayer-fonts installed, you will have the full application and not just the plug-in

Craig