Vulgar posts by novell email address? was: OT: Incredible Rudenessin Evolution Bugzilla

M. Fioretti mfioretti at mclink.it
Wed Feb 23 04:28:45 UTC 2005

On Tue, Feb 22, 2005 11:43:00 AM -0700, Craig White
(craigwhite at azapple.com) wrote:

> This wasn't your issue - wasn't your business and you have little
> justification for involving yourself in the issue.

In the post to which you replied I explained exactly _why_ it was my
business (and everybody else who advocates FLOSS), and what kind of
troubles people like these create without ever realizing it, even to
those who tried to ignore them personally.

In addition to the other examples I already mentioned: I am trying to
introduce Linux as a desktop where I work (big corporation, no garage
shop), to save money. I am saying come on, let's try this and that
app, so we can cut virus downtime and service costs (the "public
forums are fast and helpful" argument). Evolution and its Exchange
plugin would be great in our corporate environment, but I *must* step
around it very carefully because if *one* tester or boss happens into
a situation like this, I would be told exactly (see your words above)
"You're an engineer, not a sysadmin. This wasn't your business, and
you have little justification for involving yourself in the issue.
Stop playing and go back to slooowly accessing Linux remotely from
Windows".

See now? I am *already* involved with the problems created by that
kind of behavior.

I *do* have a life. Personally, I have far better things to do that
listen to swearing-addicted toddlers. I couldn't ask better than to
leave them rave in a corner until fall asleep. But when I try to
explain things to other people, and they quit cold turkey with "if
this is the community you want me to enter, so long" it *is* my
business all right. Er, no, not mine, sorry. Ours.

Ciao,
	Marco F.

--
Marco Fioretti                    mfioretti, at the server mclink.it
Red Hat & Fedora for low memory   http://www.rule-project.org/

Cyberspace means the end of our species ... because it means the end
of innovation. This idea that the whole world is wired together is
mass death.... And believe me, it'll be fast.
                                -- Michael Crichton, "The Lost World"