An update is needed Fedora!

Jim Cornette fc-cornette at insight.rr.com
Wed Feb 23 04:40:03 UTC 2005

Rene Bon Ciric (Renich) wrote:
> Interesting suggestion.
>
> I should add the repo to yum (the one i use) and try it in case of failure.
>
> Current Status:
>
> Im in the middle of rebuilding the SRPM for MySQL. Tried rebuilding the php at the same time and it said it needed sqlite3.
>
> I tried "yum install sqlite" and it installed sqlite-2.8. I already tried to be specific and it did not work.
>
> I assume I have to build from SRPM a sqlite3 package, downloadable possibly from any development folder in the mirrors.
>
> Any suggestions?

Running development, I have sqlite3-3.0.8-3 and the development package
installed also. If you want to rebuild the rpm for FC3, it should be
available on the developmemt portion of the mirror also.

For yum, I got this info from info yum.

        --enablerepo=repoid
               Enables  a  specific  repository  that has been disabled
in the
               configuration file using the enabled=0 option.
               Configuration Option: enabled

So something like
yum --enablerepo=fedora-devel.repo install pgp httpd mysql
should work to grap the binaries and dependacies like sqlite3. I don't
use yum often, so the --enablerepo option might be the last argument or
the first required.

Jim

--
In an orderly world, there's always a place for the disorderly.