video problems

Jim Cornette fc-cornette at insight.rr.com
Wed Feb 23 04:55:48 UTC 2005

Trent Hennessy wrote:

> I have an acer travelmate 260 laptop, with an intel i830m chipset, running
> fedora core 3. My problem is the graphics, the mouse icon is just a
> big square fuzzy box, and for example, in kde if u try and go into
> the control panel, it will open, but as soon you click on one of the
> drop down options for example appearence, it locks up and the screen
> flashes and the video goes all funny then blank, looks almost like
> its trying to refesh the driver, only way out of this is to shut the
> system down by using the power button. whether its kde, gnome, or
> even the start up gui, even the install, the mouse is a square fuzzy
> box. and on bootup it flickers and stuff aswell.

> Need a credit card fast? Apply now! Must be over 18. AU only:
> http://ad.au.doubleclick.net/clk;11046970;10638934;f?http://www.anz.com/aus/promo/first0105ninemsn/default.asp

Try adding the Option "NoAccel" to the driver section of your
/etc/xorg.conf file when in runlevel 3. This might prevent the refresh
problem until you can upgrade your installation to the latest version
available for FC3. I have an 815 that uses the same driver and it was a
refresh problem. "Noaccel" eliminates the refresh problem so you can get
the latest versions installed. Then you can remove the "No Accel" option
from the xorg.conf (post-updated system).

I hope this works!

Jim

--
In an orderly world, there's always a place for the disorderly.