Broadcom drivers works in rescue, but not regular boot....

Peter Teuben teuben at astro.umd.edu
Wed Feb 23 14:38:59 UTC 2005

I can't figure out how to get my broadcom (BCM5705M gigabit, on
a dell x300 laptop) to work. It works fine if one boots with the
rescue CD, but in regular boot, despite that the same driver (tg3)
is used, i can't get it to work.

lsmod doesn't show anything different really.

The /proc/interrupts do give a slightly different picture, so perhaps
it's some sort of irq  conflict? I'll try running without ACPI, but
a previous experiment on that failed to get the driver loaded.

Any other suggestions how to trace this problem?

peter