X-IMail-SPAM-Connection SELinux

Tzaia tzaia at stinsonfamily.com
Wed Feb 23 16:15:44 UTC 2005

Hello List,

I've got Fedora 3 set up with Mysql, php.  In order to access the Mysql database I had to
disable SELinux, which is not what I want to do.  What do I need to do in order to run
Mysql with SELinux on my websites?

I know this is a huge problem because I googled the error messages I was getting and it
was only by trial and error that I discovered the reason why I couldn't write to a
configuration file and access mysql was because of SELinux.  I couldn't even connect
with mysql administrator (which supposedly doesn't work with the 3.x version) as a root
user on the system.

Any tutorials and/or insight?

Thanks,

Tzaia