gtk-sharp error during tomboy installation

sharif islam sharif.islam at gmail.com
Wed Feb 23 17:05:10 UTC 2005

On Wed, 23 Feb 2005 15:38:15 +0000, Paul Howarth <paul at city-fan.org> wrote:
> sharif islam wrote:
> > I am trying to install tomboy on FC3.
[...]

> You are trying to install an RPM of tomboy, which requires gtk-sharp.
> However, the version of gtk-sharp you have installed is a local build
> (you compiled and installed it yourself, right?), and so because it
> wasn't installed as an RPM, your RPM database has no knowledge of it and
> hence thinks you don't have it.
>
> Best fix is to find an RPM of gtk-sharp and install that.

Thanks. I also installed mono for tar ball. Si I got rid of that and
gtk-sharp. Installed both from rpm, it asked for libicu26, got that
rpm. then tomboy installed fine.  But tomboy didn't start. I guess I
can post it to the tomboy list.
# tomboy

(Tomboy:10729): GnomeUI-WARNING **: While connecting to session manager:
Authentication Rejected, reason : None of the authentication protocols
specified are supported and host-based authentication failed.