Samba Question -- Users cannot access home directories

Thomas Cameron thomas.cameron at camerontech.com
Wed Feb 23 18:57:20 UTC 2005

----- Original Message -----
From: "Tim Holmes" <tholmes at mcaschool.net>
To: "For users of Fedora Core releases" <fedora-list at redhat.com>
Sent: Wednesday, February 23, 2005 12:31 PM
Subject: RE: Samba Question -- Users cannot access home directories

> Thomas -- there are a variety of entries in that folder, so im not
> particularly sure what I should be looking for -- im kinda new at this
> stuff
>
> TIM
>

> Tim Holmes

There should be a bunch of files in there called [machine].log where
[machine] is the name of a computer which is trying to access the Samba
server.

So what you want to do is try to access your home share from a machine and
then look for that machine's logfile.  Look in there for anything that looks
like an error.  Post it here.

Thomas