Fedora- redhat Linux

Thomas Cameron thomas.cameron at camerontech.com
Wed Feb 23 19:47:12 UTC 2005

----- Original Message -----
From: "Kaushik Chauhan" <chauhan_kash at yahoo.co.uk>
To: <fedora-list at redhat.com>
Sent: Wednesday, February 23, 2005 1:40 PM
Subject: Fedora- redhat Linux

>I AM VERY NEW AT Fedora/Redhat Linux
> I have installed both on my PC successfully.
> I would now like to write C++ and java applications and i am not sure
> how i go about doing this.
> Can you help, or guide me to some documentation please  ?
>
> I have spent a lot of money on the hardware and a lot of time on the
> software installation and i am quite impressed at he simplicity of it
> all and would like to use Linux kernal as well ( OF WHICH I HAVE NO
> KNOWLEDGE )
>
> So basically, I NEED AN IDIOTS GUIDE TO ALL THE ABOVE !!
>
> Can you please help me ?
>
> Kaushik Chauhan

Have a look at the guides at http://www.redhat.com/docs/manuals/enterprise/.
Specifically  Red Hat Enterprise Linux Developer Tools Guide,  Red Hat
Enterprise Linux Using the GNU Compiler Collection (GCC) and the like.

Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL) 4 has been built from technology tested in
Fedora Core, so the RHEL 4 guides are very appropriate.

Thomas