Samba Question -- Users cannot access home directories

Tim Holmes tholmes at mcaschool.net
Wed Feb 23 20:04:22 UTC 2005

> > Thomas -- Heres the contents of on the log file for my computer -- I
> > don't see any obvious errors, but I also am very new at this so I
may be
> > missing something
> >
> > TIM
>
> Tim - how about this...  Rename smb.conf to smb.conf.old and put this
one
> there?  Then restart Samba (service smb restart) and see of this fixes
it?

> [global]
> 	workgroup = MCASCHOOL
> 	realm = MCASCHOOL.NET
> 	netbios name =
> 	server string = Production Web Server
> 	security = ADS
> 	password server = srvdc01.mcaschool.net
> 	username map = /etc/samba/smbusers
> 	log file = /var/log/samba/%m.log
> 	max log size = 50
> 	socket options = TCP_NODELAY SO_RCVBUF=8192 SO_SNDBUF=8192
> 	dns proxy = No
> 	ldap ssl = no
> 	idmap uid = 16777216-33554431
> 	idmap gid = 16777216-33554431
> 	template shell = /bin/bash
> 	cups options = raw
>
> [homes]
> 	comment = Home Directories
> 	read only = No
> 	browseable = No
>
> [printers]
> 	comment = All Printers
> 	path = /var/spool/samba
> 	printable = Yes
> 	browseable = No
>
> [www]
> 	path = /var/www
> 	read only = No
>
> [html]
> 	path = /var/www/html
> 	read only = No

[Tim Holmes wrote]
Ok -- I renamed the file, deleted all the stuff in the smb.conf file and
replaced it with the stuff you sent me.  Then I issued service smb
restart as the root, everything came up ok but its still asking me for
authentication and none of my passwords work

Tim

If this would be better to handle off list, you can contact me directly
at tholmes at mcaschool.net