Howto get FC5 on everyone's mouth

David Hoffman dhoffman2004 at gmail.com
Wed Feb 23 22:39:35 UTC 2005

On Wed, 23 Feb 2005 22:04:18 +0100, Claus Methmann Christensen
<c.methmann.christensen at gmail.com> wrote:
> I often wondered why Fedora marketing doesn't care about small, but
> very remarkable features - to make some remarkable PR. Some remarkable
> features might affect that more people from the Mac or Windows segment
> make some attention to the Fedora project. Those people like things
> that just works out of the box - even more imported they like small
> nifty features. To make Fedora more known it's needed to pinpoint
> features that are special, remarkable and rememberable.
>
> Until now I found the following small bluetooth applications that I
> think are able to make people think - oh! what a nice thing - and make
> this oh! big enough to make them remember it.

I'm not sure what you are trying to say. FC4 is not even out yet, and
you are planning for FC5? You talk about "Fedora marketing". I don't
think there is such a thing. Fedora is not a retail product like RHEL
is, so I doubt that anyone is going to spend a lot of money on hiring
marketing people. The marketing is simply word of mouth and web sites.

Anyhow, if it is new applications you are looking for, and if those
applications warrant enough demand from the user base, then they could
be packaged for future releases. In the meantime, you can always build
them yourself and install them for your machine.