Multiple domains on https (apache)

Mark msalists at gmx.net
Thu Feb 24 00:00:15 UTC 2005

I have posted a related question 2 weeks ago or so, now I wanted to actually try this...

I have 2 domains running on the same apache server (Version 2.0.50 from Fedora Core 1) with mod_ssl.
I have 2 certificates, one for each domain.
I set up the domains with the SSL configuration directives in each <VirtualHost>.
The problem is, apache (or mod_ssl?) uses the first certificate for both domains/virtual hosts (or probably all 10 if I had that
many).
Is this normal or is there something wrong???

Thanks,

MARK

This is my config file for host 1:

<VirtualHost *:443>
ServerName host1.domain.com
DocumentRoot /home/ssltest/101

ErrorLog logs/ssltest_error_log
TransferLog logs/ssltest_access_log

SSLEngine on

SSLCipherSuite ALL:!ADH:!EXPORT56:RC4+RSA:+HIGH:+MEDIUM:+LOW:+SSLv2:+EXP

SSLCertificateFile /etc/httpd/conf/ssl.crt/host1.crt
SSLCertificateKeyFile /etc/httpd/conf/ssl.key/host1.key
SSLCACertificateFile /etc/httpd/conf/ssl.crt/ca.crt
</VirtualHost>

Host 2 looks like this:
<VirtualHost *:443>
ServerName host2.domain.com
DocumentRoot /home/ssltest/101

ErrorLog logs/ssltest_error_log
TransferLog logs/ssltest_access_log

SSLEngine on

SSLCipherSuite ALL:!ADH:!EXPORT56:RC4+RSA:+HIGH:+MEDIUM:+LOW:+SSLv2:+EXP

SSLCertificateFile /etc/httpd/conf/ssl.crt/host2.crt
SSLCertificateKeyFile /etc/httpd/conf/ssl.key/host2.key