Newbie FC2--->FC3 install kernel panic

Charles Malespin cmalespin at yahoo.com
Thu Feb 24 03:53:36 UTC 2005

Hi everyone,
   Long story short, I updated my kernel in FC2 to the 2.6.10 from the 2.6.5 and I ran into some problems after that.  I couldnt boot back into FC2, it would just hang up and not do anything.  So I decided to upgrade to FC3 to start new, and got all the CDs burned etc.  Install went fine, used the update feature on the install cds to update FC2 to FC3.  After, when I tried to reboot and enter FC3 for the first time from my grub boot loader(I run a dual boot with XP), this is what I got at the text message screen(before any graphics etc show up..)
It says

Ok... booting the kernel
mkrootdev: label / not found
mount:error 2 mounting ext3
mount: error 2 mounting none
switchroot: mount failed:22
umount /initrd/dev failed:2
kernel panic - not syncing: Attempted to kill init!

I checked all the media before I booted to make sure the CDs were burnt ok, and it said everything was fine.  I dont know what this error is, or what to do about it because I cant even get back into linux.  If there is any more info that I need to provide please let me know, but that is all I have seen or done since the install.
Thanks, Charles