A few quick newbie questions...

Pencilneck no-reply-gw at fcp.homelinux.org
Thu Feb 24 05:22:52 UTC 2005

Using a 200GIG WD harddrive and VIA EPIA M10000 mini-ITX motherboard with 512 megs of RAM....

#1 - I do the install, no problems as far as I can tell, then it has to do a reboot.  It gets to where it is then asking for a "username" in the middle of the screen.  I don't have a username.  At some point during the install it forces me to put in an admin name or something, but that user/pass doesn't work.  Is there a way during the install to tell it "hey, no freaking user/pass on this computer"?

#2 - Want to do a dual boot between XP and Linux.  Do I partition the harddrive first, then install XP, then install Linux?

This is all new ground to me (Linux and dual booting). While I'm not a computer dunce, these two "issues" has me stumped.  Please use small words and pretty pictures.

Many thanks!

Pencilneck  blah blah blah

--
This is an email sent via the webforum on http://fcp.homelinux.org