Problem with "/etc/alternatives/java" and "pg74.215.jdbc3.jar".

Joel rees at ddcom.co.jp
Thu Feb 24 05:29:23 UTC 2005

> >> I'm trying to connect to a postgresql database through the postgresql
> >> jdbc driver, but appears the errors below:
> >>
> >> "$ java TesteJDBC_PGSQL
> >> libgcj-java-placeholder.sh
> >>
> >> This script is a placeholder for the /usr/bin/java
> >> master link required by jpackage.org conventions.  libgcj's
> >> rmiregistry, rmic and jar tools are now slave symlinks to these
> >> masters, and are managed by the alternatives(8) system.
> [...]
> >> P.S.: Does this mailing list the best place to put this type of problem?
> >
> >Apparently not. I'm not sure where would be better, however.
>
> You may want to try: fedora-devel-java-list @ redhat.com

Oh, marvelous! A brand new list!

:-)

Thanks. Now I know where to ask my question that didn't seem to get much
appreciation here or in developers'.

(Wow. Not even a month old, and already neoprene fly reels and 419ers in
the archive. I think I can do better than that, anyway.)

--
Joel Rees   <rees at ddcom.co.jp>
digitcom, inc.   株式会社デジコム