How to boot from file without CD?

Mogens Kjaer mk at crc.dk
Thu Feb 24 07:23:26 UTC 2005

Peter Neilson wrote:
> I've got 6.2 (zoot) already running on a Dell Gxi, which is a
> desktop with a BIOS that has the silly notion that no one
> would ever want to boot from CDROM.  There is no way to boot
> this unfortunate machine from CDROM.  Don't bother going there.

Have you tried booting from a floppy with the
smart boot manager:

http://btmgr.webframe.org/

I've used this a couple of times to install
FC2 and FC3 on machines that has a CDROM and
a floppy, but can only boot from the floppy.

Mogens

Phone: +45 33 27 53 25, Fax: +45 33 27 47 08
Email: mk at crc.dk Homepage: http://www.crc.dk