Distributed file system

Alexander Spanke aspanke at hpce.nec.com
Thu Feb 24 09:59:40 UTC 2005

Hi,

I think it doesn't matter for the customers, the impovements are
mandatory. GFS itself is a powerfull addon to NFS, splittet in several
parts and enables you to work with really high speed. But in principle
it has similar borders like NFS... only bigger.

Cheers
 Alex

> On Thu, 24 Feb 2005 10:51:12 +0100, Alexander Spanke
> <aspanke at hpce.nec.com> wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > what do you think is GFS ? Trust me :))
>
> i think Red Hat is not dumb enough to buy a advanced NFS product for
> millions of dollars from Sistina. I dont think customers would be
> buying it as a product from Red Hat if thats true either.

Alexander Spanke                         System Analyst
      NEC High Performance Computing Europe GmbH
Prinzenallee 11            D-40549 Duesseldorf, Germany
Tel:    +49 211 5369 146           aspanke at hpce.nec.com
Fax:    +49 211 5369 199        http://www.hpce.nec.com