Slamr and slmodemd

Matthew Saltzman mjs at ces.clemson.edu
Thu Feb 24 10:19:18 UTC 2005

On Thu, 24 Feb 2005, Chadley Wilson wrote:

> Greetings,
>
> Please help me out here.
> I have  /sbin/modprobe slamr in rc.local
> Then I have /etc/init.d/slmodemd set to runlevels 345 to start.
>
> The problem is the slamr module loads after the slmodemd scripts runs
> I have tried placing install slamr /bin/true in /etc/modprobe.conf
> and /etc/modprobe.conf.dists and  /etc/modprobe.conf.local but the slamr
> module doesn't load at all
>
> I also tried creating a modules.conf with 0755 permissions and
> adding /sbin/modprobe slamr to it but then it also doesn't load at at all.
> I know it is obselete but I thought is was worth a try.
>

> Where else can I put it so that it loads before the slmodemd script is
> started

Put the modprobe command in a script called /etc/rc.modules.  It's there
(wll, not "there" yet, but it is called from rc.sysinit if it exists) for
exactly this purpose.

Alternatively, build the ALSA version of the driver and try that.  IIRC,
the ALSA driver will load automatically.

--
 		Matthew Saltzman

Clemson University Math Sciences
mjs AT clemson DOT edu