Distributed file system

Alexander Spanke aspanke at hpce.nec.com
Thu Feb 24 10:28:18 UTC 2005

Hi,

sorry if i wrote things to cryptic, of course is gfs a filesystem in the
main terminology but from technical point of view, the detailed look it
is a big add on to NFS. NFS is needed for GFS, or RedHat modified it in
that sense but i don't believe it.

Let's give it a try, set up a system using GFS and play a bit around,
you will see what I mean.

Cheers
 Alex

btw, i am working with gfs since more than 2 years now ...

> On Thu, 24 Feb 2005 11:12:26 +0100, Alexander Spanke
> <aspanke at hpce.nec.com> wrote:
> > hi,
> >
> > can you define GFS for me ? I looks like you know GFS and the
> > functionality ... Please
>
> The docs do it better than I could
>
> http://www.redhat.com/software/rha/gfs/. It will be available as part
> of Fedora core 4 for you to check it out yourself
> http://www.redhat.com/docs/manuals/enterprise/RHEL-3-Manual/cluster-suite/

Alexander Spanke                         System Analyst
      NEC High Performance Computing Europe GmbH
Prinzenallee 11            D-40549 Duesseldorf, Germany
Tel:    +49 211 5369 146           aspanke at hpce.nec.com
Fax:    +49 211 5369 199        http://www.hpce.nec.com