Squid question in FC3

Chris csh_jp at yahoo.com
Thu Feb 24 15:36:07 UTC 2005

Paul,

Thanks, and it's exactly because of that. I didn't realize that I installed SELinux...

I got following error messages when I do 'squid -z':

Feb 25 00:30:26 eden kernel: audit(1109259026.091:0): avc:  denied  { search } for
pid=4836 exe=/usr/sbin/squid name=tmp dev=hda12 ino=480001 scontext=root:system_r:squid_t
tcontext=system_u:object_r:tmp_t tclass=dir
Feb 25 00:30:26 eden squid: Failed to make swap directory /tmp/squid: (13) Permission
denied

I just don't get it since the dir is writable for squid:

drwxr-xr-x   2 squid squid  4096 Feb 25 00:06 squid/

Is this a known issue of SELinux? Is there any way to work around it?

thanks,
Chris