Difficulty getting a large disk mounted

Robin Laing Robin.Laing at drdc-rddc.gc.ca
Thu Feb 24 16:01:09 UTC 2005

Jeff Vian wrote:

> Now you are getting back to even more fogged memory. :-)  I dimly
> remember a time when drives were larger than the BIOS could recognize
> and the drivers needed to map them for BIOS to handle. Have not used a
> machine with that old a BIOS for some time though.

The fogged memory issue.  8" floppies, punched cards, punched tape,
Star Trek on a tty terminal.  Google is becoming part of my memory. :)
  One nice thing about getting older is that some of those stupid
things I did as a kid are not so bad anymore, at least until I see
them in my kids.  :)

--
Robin Laing