GFS and Fedora

Craig Thomas cjtinhp at optonline.net
Thu Feb 24 16:12:00 UTC 2005

On Thu, 2005-02-24 at 07:41 -0800, Chris wrote:
> I haven't tried Open Office before... Will it be compatible with, say, Office 2003? I
> don't mean that that is so good, but when you do business, many people may send you a

Yes, for the most part.

Can't hurt to try. [at least not too much ;]

yum install openoffice

I've been using OO.org exclusively over MS Office for well over a year
and 1/2 and not a soul I deal with knows I don't use MS Office. In fact,
I have better luck opening old or mac version of office docs using open
office than I do using MS Office XP.  I've even converted a few people
by 'fixing' their old mac office docs and exporting as a pdf is a god
send.

YMMV of course,

--
Craig Thomas <cjtinhp at optonline.net>